Monday, January 13, 2014

Here's to Future Days


This Royal Sabre I "won" on eBay. Meaning, I was the only bidder and it has to come to me via UPS on a truck, and for that pleasure I spent $30+ dollars. I don't care, because I have long wanted one of these. In fact, hours after I won this auction I saw a similar one at a local antique store for $30 but was turned off when I found it was a cursive script model. If I was just getting it just for display purposes that would be fine, but I try to use all my typewriters (hard to do when you have 40+, I admit) and I already have two cursive machines (an Olivetti Lettera 32 and a Remington Personal Riter) that don't see much action. Aside from that one, every other typewriter I saw there cost $65, and none of them were worth it. Gaudy and tactless as it appears, I await the arrival of this one with great interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment